Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wouldn't it stink if families couldn't last longer than this life?

Hello, family!

Good to hear that you’re missin’ me, Mom! That’s how it should always be! To the maximum! LOL . . . No . . .I’m just playing. Don’t miss me. No need to . . . I’ll be home in no time! I do miss you guys, though!

To answer your question about money, I bough something very cool . . . LOL . . . At some point, you will all know what it is. I’m sure you’ll see pictures of it soon. But no . . . No one robbed me of the money so don’t worry.

Sounds like you guys had a very fun week, though. Having all the family together is the best, isn’t it? And . . . How cool ‘bout Brook and her softball team! Gilroy really makes good softball players! Who knows how, but they sure do!

Well . . . I have a couple stories so I’ll hit cha up wid ‘em real quick . . .

Last Monday before I wrote to you . . . LOL . . . Dunno how I forgot to write about it . . . We had an activity as missionaries. All the missionaries from the Capital (about 100 missionaries) and President and Hermana Torres came to our ward building to celebrate Pioneer Day. I think it’s a normal Utah celebration, but it was new for me. First, a couple missionaries gave some talks and then Hermana Torres spoke. The talks were very good. Then we had a big barbecue and some activities. All the Zone Leaders had to come up with activities. Seeing as there are five zones, we had to have five activities, but two zones didn’t prepare anything . . . LOL . . . My companion and I planned out tug-of-war and then, if you lost, you had to fill your mouth with four marshmallows and say the Missionary Purpose . . . LOL . . . Everyone said we had the best activity. It was a very fun activity ‘cause I got to see so many old friends! My boys Elder Empey, Elder Legua and Elder Barrientos were there, so I got to talk with each of them for a while.

Oh . . . Funny story! I guess my Ward’s Relief Society Basketball Team is 3 and 0 and they just won on Saturday. I walked into the home of a member yesterday and guess what they were talkin’ ‘bout? The game from Saturday! LOL! And not just talkin’ ‘bout the game but calling the other Ward “crooks” and things like that! LOL! That they were taking away points and cheating . . . LOL . . . It was so funny because they are taking this thing sooooo, soooooo serious . . . It’s hilarious!

This week was very exciting! On Saturday, I got to attend my first Sealing ever! It was very, very cool and a li’l interesting, I thought, but I loved it! I got to go with my Companion to see the Sealing of a family from my last area. They were struggling to get themselves together to get to the Temple because the husband was having trouble giving up drinking and all that good stuff, but we were able to help them. I asked President if I could go to the Sealing a couple weeks ago and he easily gave me permission. The Sealing was so cool ‘cause the Dad and Mom were super happy and the Dad started to cry. I tried to imagine how cool it’ll be and tried to imagine how happy I’ll feel when I get sealed in the Temple to my own wife. Wow . . . Wouldn’t it stink if families couldn’t last longer than this life? Yea . . . It would stink . . .

Then, this week, we also had two baptisms! Santiago (30 years old) and Victor (21 years old)! Of course, the weeks of baptisms are very stressful and contain maybe more prayer than normal, but it’s all worth it when two people are able to make that important step. The story with Santiago was really cool ‘cause when I go to this area, my Companion said they were probably gonna drop him. But, on my second day here, we put a baptisimal date with him even though he was smoking. He had to drop a cigarette every five days in order to be done smoking a week prior to his baptism. And . . . He followed the schedule EXACTLY! He has also been reading the Book of Mormon a lot looking for the part about the man that had a smoking problem . . . hee, hee . . . He has been reading the Book of Mormon through the entire experience and I’m sure that is why he was able to follow through with his schedule. With that and courage and prayer, he was able to be baptized! It was very, very cool.

Well, ummmm . . . I dunno know what else to say! This week, I have to give a talk in front of like seventy missionaries and President and Hermana Torres. Sooooo . . . I’m a li’l nervous, but I’ll do good ‘cause I’ve been preparing well and the Lord helps those who help themselves, right? I’ll let you guys know how I do, though . . .

Well . . . I’m out! I love you all! I hope that this e-mail finds all of you happy and healthy! Be safe and smart! I love you all soooo, soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment