Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I have really learned to love learning . . .

Well, hello again!

Thanks for the nice e-mail with some fun stories! I shall answer your questions first . . . I did use the new debit card and it worked perfectly. Can you tell me how much money I have in my account? I don’t have any kind of count . . . Well . . . I think that was your only real question!

But, in response to your comments . . . I loved the Aaliyah stories. It is really cool that she can still remember me. It’s only gotta be a memory for a li’l over ten more months. I sure miss that girl . . . She’ll be soooo different, though, from what I remember when I left.

But, I’m doin’ good . . . I’m happy to hear that you are al doing well. It’s also funny to know that I missed another Garlic Festival this year. Next year will be funny when I see soooo many of my friends for the first time in over two years there! LOL! And when I get my tritip sandwich again! Ooooooo! It’ll be glorious . . .

Well . . . This week was a very different week . . . Haha . . . The Zone Leaders from the capital (10 missionaries) and a couple other good missionaries were able to attend a 4-day training in the mission office. We received grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat food for three days . . . LOL . . . We got Quiznos, Wendy’s, Little Caesars and Subway. Ooooo . . . Great four days. The four days were really tiring because of all of the busses we had to take in those four days, but it sure was worth it. We got to listen to President for like four or five hours every day and learn from his teachings. I just love listening to people who know so much. I really have learned to love learning. It was also cool ‘cause it was also a lot of open conversation with him and the missionaries so we got to share and listen to many experiences. Goin’ to all these trainings really took away from a lot of working time in our areas, but it was way worth it. We were able to apply what we learned right away and in one of those four days, we were able to put two more baptismal dates! We have five now! Man . . . I’m just a machine when it comes to putting baptismal dates . . . LOL . . . Really, though . . . God has really made me a great tool in His hands. It was an excellent four days, too, ‘cause I got to see some good missionary friends . . . Empey, Winn, Peterson and I got to meet Elder Castro and he was a really cool guy. Like me and AJ . . . LOL . . . We have become pretty close . . . LOL . . . I knew you’d like that, Dad. LOL . . . No . . . But, really, it was cool to get to know some more cool, good missionaries and learn from their experiences.

On the way home from the training on one of those four days, I had a really cool experience. I was on the bus where two people fit to every seat. Well, every seat was filled except for the seat next to me, so when the next man got on the bus, he had to sit by me. He was a big, husky fella and really didn’t leave me much space on the seat. But, I started to contact him right away and realized he had to be a member of the Church. When I asked, he said, “Yes”. The more we talked, I got the feeling that he had been a missionary. When I asked, he said “No”. LOL . . . No, I’m just playin’ . . . He said, “Yes” . . . He was a missionary. I guess he served over ten years ago and baptized over 300 people as many missionaries did as early missionaries in Central America. He served his mission for twenty-eight months to help as a mission doctor but, when he got home, he went inactive after six months. He said that his Patriarchial Blessing hinted a li’l over these things and that it was a nine page blessing! But, of course, it hinted that he would reactivate. I got him committed to come to Church this past Sunday and I felt soooo cool and blessed to have been put on that seat on the bus to help a great servant of the Lord re-enter the Church. I know that by activating him, I wasn’t just blessing him, but I was blessing all those that he will bless from this point on in the church. It was pretty cool . . .

Funny story . . . In our training, President told us to try to be more bold in our lessons. So, I tried to apply it . . . LOL . . . We were reading in Matthew about prayer and when we got to the Lord’s Prayer, we didn’t read it. But, later in the lesson, I had a feeling that had a question about it partly because they are Catholics . . .Well, I said, “I perceive that you have a question about the Lord’s Prayer”. I tried so hard to be bold . . . LOL . . . They told me, “Ummmm, no, not really”. LOL . . . Shut down my boldness! Oh, well, though! I explained it and even though they denied the fact that they had a question about it, I know they did ‘cause the Spirit told me so . . .

Well, that’s all my stories for this week for now! I sure love you guys! Thanks for everything!

1 comment: