Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"I really am a convert"

Hey, Dad!

Thanks for writing to me! Good to hear that everything went so well at Young Women Camp! You are such a great example. Something that always makes me laugh is that the Stake Presidencies here (and Bishops) are sooo, sooo young . . . LOL . . . You just blow them all out of the water! The Church in the States and here are ultimately the same, but it’s sooo, sooo different in so many ways.

As for me, I gave my talk of probably fifteen minutes on Conversion. I felt like it was a really, really good talk. I can send it to you guys next in my e-mail if you like. I gave my talk in front of about fifty missionaries and President Torres and his wife. It went smoothly, though. I really feel like I have become a true convert, though, Dad. Well, I don’t feel like . . . I know that I have become a true convert. I see why serving a Mission is so important. It’s not to baptize others . . . Sure, that’s important, too . . . But the Church needs us young men to become true converts to be future leaders and I really am a convert. I know it because I have been obedient (not perfect, but I try . . . I really do) and I try to improve everything. And it’s all thanks to you, Mom and the rest of the family. I love you all sooo much and look up to you all so much!

Thank you for everything, Dad! Keep me posted on how you’re doing! Love you more than you know and miss you that much, too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment