Monday, November 16, 2009

We had eight investigators at Church on Sunday!

Heyyyyy yo!

Man! Four days sure is a lot better than seven! You’re dog-on right, mother

I’m excited for the package! I’ll make sure to read your instructions on it first, though . . . Don’t trip, home girl . . . Thank you!

You could send a DVD like the one Skye mentioned. I’d like to watch it. I’m sure I could find somewhere to do that! And, if I cry, it’s all good! I’d only watch it one time per year!

How cool that SJCC won the tourney! Their team should be really, really good this year. A part of me is for sure sad that I can’t be out there playing with a team that I was with last year. Especially since they’re so good and two of my best friends and a bunch of really, really good buddies are on the team! Kind of a bummer for sure . . . But, that’s cool that they beat the defending State Champs!

Very nice on Gilroy beating Hollister! I don’t think that rivalry will ever die down. Maybe a li’l with Christopher High, but not a bunch.

That’s crazy that Brad is about to enter the MTC! And Brett, too! Wow! All of a sudden, Gilroy has a good number of missionaries out, huh? I hope Adam Betita already left on his mission or something and that’s why he isn’t responding to Stacie. Who knows, though!

Thank you for all of your updates right thurr . . .

Okay . . . Now “all about me” time . . .

I was wondering . . . Do you think you should delete all of the pictures that are on the memory cards I sent home to you? You could just put the pictures on CDs. I don’t want you to have to keep buying memory cards. I think it would be smarter if you deleted them all off my memory card after you make a CD or save ‘em on the computer or something. Could you also make sure you put pictures and videos from home on the memory cards I send home, too, though?

Las week I was sad that I couldn’t write to Dad and all, but that’s the price of keepin’ the rules every week! I’m the only one out of like ten last week that only had to pay the one hour internet fee. Everyone else had to pay extra! I’m trying to be good! I’m tryin’! I’m tryin’!

Hey, mother . . . Do you talk with other moms that have sons in my Mission? I’m just wondering. If you do, that’s cool! Elder Snell told me that his mom asked him if I had talked to him in a while . . . Haha . . . Just kinda random . . . Then Elder Larsen’s mom told Elder Larsen that she wants to meet me. LOL . . . Who knows what’s going on . . .

Hey, what size shirts does everyone back at home wear? All eight of you . . .

I had divisions again with Elder Lopez this week. I guess he’s been havin’ some trouble in his area, so my Companion (being District Leader) wanted to go to his Area to talk to members and see what’s goin’ on and all. So, I had Elder Lopez, the 25 year old from San Marcos, Guatemala, with me in my area again. We started divisions after lunch and had seven lessons that day! Wow! I made that kid work! It was fun, though. I like being the leader . . . You guys know me! I like to do things at my pace. And my pace here in the Mission is tough stuff, home boy!

One of our investigators had a question . . . She went to school in the States until she was a Junior. She finished her Sophomore year, but didn’t complete her Junior and Senior year because she had to go live in Guatemala. She was wondering, though . . . Can you go to a junior college if you haven’t graduated from High School? I don’t know if you know or if you can find the answer for me . . .

This past week, or past four days, I should say, we had a lesson and my Companion and I were already sittin’ down about to start the lesson with four people when one other girl came downstairs to join us. She shook my hand like normal and then went in for the kiss on the check (that’s all normal for everyone here . . . Minus missionaries . . . We don’t have any female contact except for shaking the hand). I had no idea what do to! LOL! We hit cheeks really, really hard . . . LOL . . . And I’m pretty sure I turned really red, although no one said anything. I know my face looked shocked, though, and the brother in the room was laughin’ a li’l. LOL . . . It was kinda funny. She didn’t do it to my Companion, though . . . She just wanted the white chocolate . . .

Grandpa and Grandma are so lucky that they got to visit the Charlots! How is Javin? I really miss my basketball buddies! Basketball has been my life since I was seven and now I can’t play at all! It’s tough, no doubt . . .

Yesterday was our Stake Conference. It’s really cool here! I guess this new Stake Conference just started here in Guatemala. General Authorities do it over the television like General Conference and it’s only for Guatemala. Pretty cool, huh? So, first we got to hear from Whitney Clayton ( of the Seventy, I believe). He’s a white guy, but he spoke Spanish. Then we heard from a lady in the Primary Presidency. She spoke through a translator. Then, Spencer V. Jones (of the Presidency of the Seventy) spoke in Spanish. And then, to top it off, we got to hear from Elder Packer! I love that guy! It will be so sad when it’s his time to go . . . We got to listen to him through a translator, too. I missed hearin’ his real voice, but it was a really cool Stake Conference. It was in our Ward building and it was packedddddddddd! My Companion and I didn’t get to listen to much of the first two talks because we were tryin’ to get everyone seated! The other really cool thing is that we had eight investigators in the Church this Sunday! And, six of them were first timers! That’s sooooo much better than what we have had in the Church here in Atlantida!

Well, it’s only been four days since I was able to write last, so my e-mail isn’t as long this week. I’m sorry! Thank you for everything, though! I can’t wait for the package! I sure love you guys! You know it! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment