Saturday, November 14, 2009

Guess who gave a 16 minute talk in Spanish?

Heyyyyy! Express how sorry I am for last week! I’m so, so sorry! And, Dallas, I’m sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! Really . . . I’m so, so, so, sosososososososososo sorry! I really can’t express it . . .

Okay . . . I’ll answer your questions first. I’ll also try to answer the ones I can remember from last week, too .. .

I love, love, love the sports updates you give me. All of you! I can’t get enough of sports updates to be honest. You can send even more updates if you want! They make me so happy! Please keep ‘em comin’ always!

I’m soooo, soooo happy that you got my memory card and letters. I was gettin’ so worried about it. I don’t think I will send a memory card again in a letter . . .

The people don’t really celebrate Halloween in Guatemala. You can celebrate if you want . . . LOL . . . People get dressed up but there is for sure no trick-or-treating. I think it’s the same with Thanksgiving. You can celebrate if you want, but most people won’t. I don’t think they will get dressed up fancy on Thanksgiving or anything either . . .

I got the video you sent me, but I haven’t been able to watch it. I’ll try to figure it out if I have time at the end of my hour today, though . . .

For Christmas . . . Things I need and want are . . . CDs, the Nixon watch we already talked about, Muddy Buddies, ties (if you were able to find good ones), a lot, lot, lot of pictures and maybe money if anything else, but I’m good either way. I just figure I have two years of my life to buy things from Guatemala so a li’l extra money could never hurt! I’m also sending you guys a package but not until the first or second week of December, so it will be late! I’m sorry!

Okay . . . My stories, homies . . .

I’m soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry ‘bout last week’s e-mail . . .

Can you guys make sure that you send me every Clippers box score when you send DearElders? I really wanna see what happens every game . . .

I’ve been out for over five months! And in no time I’ll be at six months and 25% of my mission will be done! I think when I have seven or eight months under my belt, though, I will start to sound like I’m not new in the Mission, so I’m still waitin’ on that . . .

I was gonna ask you how you thought I could get in touch with Elder Sorenson (the guy who I sent a letter to and it got returned to you and then you sent it to Argentina for me), but I finally got a letter from him this past week, so I was super happy!

A new scripture for Dad and Dallas . . . You guys should be able to say what is said in this scripture. It is Leviticus 13, verses 40 and 41.

As for my reading, I am in Numbers, 3rd Nephi, almost done with the Pearl of Great price again and starting the Doctrine and Covenants again. I love reading!

This week, I had divisions with Elder Castro. He has been out in the mission field for 21 months. He is half Latino and is from Utah. He is a super cool guy and we get along really, really well. Like AJ habing and me (me and him have become really close) . . . LOL . . . I felt like I learned a lot from him as an Elder, though, like I do from being with every other Elder! He was a cool guy, though!

Do you guys receive the Liahona at home? I don’t know if they are stressin’ the importance of it back home, but they are really stressin’ it here. You guys should make sure you have that at home . . .

Hey, I’m the only gringo in my District! That’s cool! LOL . . . But I don’t feel awkward at all . . . Usually . . . LOL . . . But it’s a cool experience!

Guess what?!?!? Guess who gave a sixteen minute talk in Spanish this last Sunday?!?!? It was ya boy, Elder Jensen! I prepared the talk for two weeks (in which I got to receive help and revelation on how to do it and, of course, God answered my prayers). I was soooo, soooo, soooo nervous when it was finally my turn to talk, but I was greatly blessed. Of course, I had a big outline ready, but I hardly had to look down, you guys! I was lookin’ people dead in the eyes like the whole time! How cool, huh? I’ve been out for only five months and I can do that! I’ve been blessed with so much help! Oh! And, my talk was on Fasting and Fast Offerings, too . . . Kind of a hard first Spanish Talk subject . . .

When I was with Elder Castro, we were talkin’ into the voice recorder and we tried to listen to what we recorded. That’s how I found out that the tape didn’t work . . . LOL . . . So I had been talkin’ into that for a while, but it’s all good . . . I actually recorded my talk for you guys on a good tape and all. That will be part of your Christmas gift though! Sorry you’ll have to wait!

On Tuesday, we had a really, really cool Conference. We had it with the Central and South Missions. Elder Costa (a member of the Presidency of the Seventy) and Elder Clark (Area President) spoke to us. Elder Clark’s Counselors were also there along with three Mission Presidents! That’s a lot of power up on the stand, huh????? Four General Authorities and three Mission Presidents! I learned a lot and I got to see a lot of friends from the CCM who are serving in other Missions, so it was a really cool experience . . .

Then, on Wednesday, we had interviews with the President. Mine went just fine. It was solid. We just talked and he asked me how my scripture study is going . . . LOL . . . I was able to tell him that I’ve already read the Book of Mormon, New Testament, that I’m in Numbers and that I’ve read the Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price. And I’m almost done with the Book of Mormon again! Hahaha! Cool, huh? All that in less than five months!

We got to go to the Temple this morning. It was all in Spanish, but I feel like I’m learnin’ a lot more in the Temple now and I had a really good experience . . .

I got a DearElder from you, Mom, and you told me about how you were practicing the letter “D” with Aaliyah and that she looked up at you and said, “I love Derek” with a big smile. I almost started crying! No joke! LOL! I get to hear stories every week about things she says about me, but that one really got me! Who knows why??? But I sure love that girl . . .

Well, those are all of my updates for the week! Thanks so much for everything and please forgive me for last week!

Hey, I’ll talk to you guys in like four days now! Holler!

I sure love you billions!

No comments:

Post a Comment