Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My first bus contact!


Hey, hey, hey!

Okay . . . First, in response to your e-mail, of course . . .

I loved Conference! I never had such a great respect for it until I was in the Mission field . . . But more stories on that to come.

The Nixon watch doesn’t come in all three of those colors on the same watch. It’s one model of watch that I saw in the three different colors.

At this house, I usually have warm showers. Sometimes no . . . But like 75% of the time, yes! And the weather has been a li’l warm, but probably only mid or high 80’s.

And, yes, if you could, please clean these bad boys up (e-mails on myldsmail.net) or I won’t have space to receive e-mails next week! That would be bad!

I did hear that Dallas and Kim are moving in! Not from you, but from Dallas though. I’m kinda mad I’m not home to enjoy that. How do you feel about their moving plans??? Sad, probably . . .

Okay, now my notes . . . Well, questions first . . .

Who is using my phone? Can you guys contact Jacob for me? I wanna hear from him really bad! And, could you also contact all the other people I asked Dylan to contact for me, too?

Oh, and I was wondering . . . I understand olive oil . . . Kinda . . . But why do we really use that for blessings?

Does Dad ever see the LaPortes? I kinda would like to hear from Elise, too . . . Shame on me . . .

Can you send me the list of all my friends’ e-mails and everything from my leaving party?

Best story first today . . .

Well, I lost in a stupid game between the first and second sessions of Conference on Saturday, so I had to eat a nice big, green chili jalapeno. Of course, my mouth was on fire for fifteen minutes. But, even better, I woke up on Sunday morning ‘cause my stomach hurt super bad! Well, from 4:00am to 7:00am, just those three hours, I had diarrhea three times to start off, and I threw up four times! All in just three hours! I’d be sitting on the crapper and then would be tossing up in the trash can. I really don’t think I can ever remember feeling so weak and crappy in my entire life! And I am not exaggerating! It was horrible, horrible! I started getting’ better last night and, even though I’m still a li’l weak, I’m almost 100% again already. I guess I just had to flush it all out, huh? I was wondering, though, too . . . When I felt like that if you or Dad received any feeling at home? I dunno . . . Just like the Conference talk with the kid bouncing on the train tracks. Just wondering . . .

So, I did get to watch all three meetings on Saturday. I had notes taken that I wanted to share, too, but I forgot to bring ‘em today. What’s with the prayer, though? LOL! Everyone tries to make them poems now! Oh, and to the boys at home . . . In Priesthood meeting . . . Can you believe the Asian guy from Mad TV gave a talk?????? LOL

Well, last week, I did my first bus contact! Talk about nerve racking! I stoop up in front of a 40- or 50-person filled bus and just talked about the Church and our message as Missionaries. I was all shaky after! Whoooo! It was tough, but I am glad I had the guts to do it!

I bought a nice, big, Guatemala flag! I’ll probably send it home to you guys and you can put it up in my room somewhere! I also bought a shirt and a jacket . . . If you guys care . . . LOL . . .

I was sooooooo happy to get Dylan’s huge letter. And it always makes my day to get “dearelders” from you and Dad as well. It’s the best, no joke . . . Okay, I gotta talk ‘bout Dylan’s for a minute, though. LOL . . . I can’t help but think ‘bout what I wanna do when I get home. Well, the fact that he wants to go straight to BYU is sick! And Dallas and Kim will be out there, too, I guess . . . So, there go my two best friends to Utah, LOL! While I’ve been thinkin’ I still wanna play basketball in Cali . . . Man . . . I’m mixed up! LOL! I have a long time, though . . .

This week, we started talkin’ to some “drinkies”. We have like five good friends now! Haha! No joke! And they are all respectful and super funny. We wanted to clean ‘em up and everything, but they just can’t come through on anything. It’s sad for sure. When you see my pictures, you guys will know who they are . . . Haha . . .

Okay . . . Know my problem eating hamburgers too fast? Just ‘cause I love ‘em so much? Well, no joke, I love, love, black beans and tortillas! And we eat them every day at our house! Well, I always start eating too fast! So, I get that “can’t breathe” problem . . . LOL . . . I’m really workin’ on eating slower. Who would have ever though t I’d fall in love with black beans, though? LOL!

We got a new area in our area . . . I’m not really sure why, haha. President just moved the area outta the Zone next to us and gave it to me and my Companion. The first day we were there, though, we knocked on one door and taught a super long lesson to them! We haven’t even had a chance to knock on another door there yet. Pretty good luck, though, huh? Or good revelation from President . . .

Well, Saturday was my 4-month mark in the Mission and Sunday was my 2-month mark in the field! But you guys know how I celebrated now . . . LOL . . .

Soooooo . . . I love you guys a billion! All is well! Thanks for everything! Like always . . . Love yoooooouuu!

No comments:

Post a Comment