Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I have the Priesthood and the right to have a hand in miracles!"

Hello, Fam Bam!

LOL . . . Mom, I think you HAVE told me how much you love Mondays! But I love ‘em soooo, soooo much, too! I love, love gettin’ to hear from you guys! Oh, and I love how you send dearelders, too, so I can hear some stories. Those letters rock!

I’m glad Dylan feels the same way I did about Zion’s Choir. That makes me feel like not such a bum. It’s just a big commitment and he can’t quit or she’ll hate the Jensens forever after I quit, too! Yikes! Make sure he knows my advice on playin’ baseball! LOL! I’m always right on these things!

You guys are soooooooo, so lucky that you all get to live together! Can we do that when I get home, too? Plleaseeeeeee?

Sounds like you guys had a good time at the Princess thang . . . Nice, nice . . . That’s cool that your work provides things like that for you!

And, don’t worry, Mom . . . You’re in my prayers to play that song on the piano, but I know you can do it! You’re a piano stud! Just a li’l practice makes perfect for you!

Okay . . . I have a few questions . . .

Did you get my letters yet? Especially the one with the memory card inside?

Does the NBA really start tomorrow? My Clips vs. your Li’l Girls?

I think you need to make sure you buy a Blake Griffin jersey for me. Maybe you can frame it or something and just put it on the wall in my room at home. Then just send me a picture of it for Christmas! LOL! Really, though . . . Good plan?

Oh, a really important question . . . Can you have everyone in our family . . . All nine of us . . . Well, minus me, so eight . . . Everyone needs to give me their favorite, famous saying for each member of the family. So everyone should write eight of them. For example, write the name and phrase . . . Dad – You know the rules better than anyone, bud . . . Stuff like that. Try to get the list to me asap, though! Can you please?!?! I’m already makin’ my list . . .

I think that’s all my questions . . . LOL . . .

My stories . . .

A member called us and asked for a blessing because he had a really bad problem with his knee. So, I got to give a blessing this week and my Companion did the anointing. It was really cool, though, ‘cause I can talk a little Spanish now so the blessing flowed pretty good and it just had a cool message to it. That was on Tuesday or Wednesday. Then, on Sunday, the man bore his testimony in class on the Priesthood and started crying. He said that the day after the blessing, he was perfectly fine and able to work! How cool that language doesn’t really matter! All that matters is that I have the Priesthood and the right to have a hand in these miracles!

This was our last week of this change and my Companion, being a District Leader, had our whole District over one night to do a nice big fire on our roof! We had pizza and a sleep over! It was a pretty fun night! Then I had to share my bed....

My Companion really, really wants to go into the Army when he gets home so Hermana Ligias’ husband (who works as a big, important guy in Central America for security stuff) made a call to one of his friends so we could visit him and he could show us stuff. Well, we went to the Army base or whatever and the guy wasn’t there for our appointment, so we started to leave. But, some other guy was really nice and showed us around and told us all about training and everything. It was pretty cool. Did you know that Guatemala has an alliance with the United States and Israel and all that good stuff? Pretty cool, I thought!

I can’t chop wood . . . Well, my Companion gave me the crappiest piece to chop when we were doin’ some service. But, still . . . I stink at it . . .

I got to go on Division on Saturday, but for a pretty dumb reason. My Companion got to go to the Temple with Elder Fyfe because one of their baptisms was entering the Temple. President Torres said Elder Fyfe’s Companion and I should just do Divisions so we could work done and because we didn’t baptize the people who were going through the Temple. I was all excited because I thought I would get to go though . . . But, Elder Fyfe’s Companion, Elder Minero, came to my area and we had Divisions until about 3pm in the afternoon because started at around 6am in the morning! Elder Minero was a cool guy, though. He’s a 22 year old from El Salvador and it was his first change so he’s even newer than me! Cool kid, though!

My companion got a haircut this week . . . Hahahahaha . . . He ended up pretty mad. I saw him gettin’ his haircut and saw that the lady who was cutting his hair wasn’t on top of her game that day, so I just told her I was gonna wait until this next week . . . LOL . . .

I got to eat Taco Bell on Friday! The first time I’ve had it in over four months! Weird, seeing as I had it every other day at home! Here, Taco Bell has fries, though . . . And the burritos aren’t as American Mexican. LOL . . . It was still good, though!

How frustrating that I can’t remember how any of my favorite songs from home go! Even “Let it Bleed”! I think that was my top listened to song on iTunes and I can’t even remember the tune! Ahhhhh! I miss The Used! LOL . . . And country! And rock! It’s really, really weird . . . I haven’t listened to music in soooo long . . . Well, not my music from home. I always hear the Spanish music in the street and everything . . .

A kid in our Ward got his Mission call. I’m not sure where he’s goin’ yet, but his sister got hers like a week before him and she’s goin’ to Honduras! Cool stuff, huh?

Welp, I love you billion! Not much more I can say! I wish there was another way to say it because just saying “I love you” gets old. Just know that when I say it, I mean it with aaaaaalllll my heart, family, and friends! Holler at me!

Oh! And I forgot to tell you that Change Conference was this morning. Well, I’m staying here and my Companion is staying, too! So, I get to “kill him” . . . LOL . . . That’s missionary terms for the fact that I get to be with him when he ends his Mission. We have our goal set for three baptisms again! We’ve still have to get a lot of work done, but we can do it!

The really, really, really sad thing, though, is that Elder Legua left my District. Everyone knew he was bound for Polochic ‘cause he knows Spanish so well. And, yea, he got sent there today. So, he will probably be learning Ke’kchi for the rest of his Mission. When missionaries go there early in their missions, they don’t really ever come out. So, it’s really, really possible that I won’t see him again for a reaaaaalllly long time. And he is my best friend in the Mission . . . Yea, I’m a li’l sad . . . The other wost part is that they took Elder Larsen there, too . . . And he’s my other best friend here in the mission . . . Yea, it makes me pretty sad . . . Well, I push on! The Mission isn’t about friends, I know . . . Still sad, though . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment