Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love keeping my promises with the Lord







Hi, Dad!

I’m sorry that I haven’t been sufficient with my e-mails! Really . . . I’m sorry and thank you for caring so much! I’ll try to get to all of your questions . . . And thank you for Elise’s e-mail address.

Dad’s question - Do you receive mainly e-mail letters or Dear Elder Letters? Who have you heard from the most out of all of your friends?

As for hearin’ from my friends, I don’t really hear from many friends. I hear from you, Mom, Dylan, Ashley, Stacie, Aunt Skye and, randomly, some friends. But really just the fam which is my favorite anyway! It is tough to write though! I have an hour on the internet each P-Day. And I’m hardly ever at home on P-Day and that’s the only day I can write letters. I think it took me three separate P-Days to write the long letter to Dylan. This morning, though, I wrote four letters! One for Stacie, Sean Heath, Dylan and Aunt Skye. Hopefully I’ll have time to write more! But, like I said, I doubt it . . . LOL . . . I’ll try, though!

Dad’s question – I would really love to hear about your tracting experiences.

Tracting here is tough ‘cause it’s a huge area, but I love it. We don’t get to tract a whole lot because the walks from appointment to appointment are super long. I don’t really have any tracting stories, though, that I can remember. I’ll try to think . . .

Dad’s question – Can you tell me more about your teaching experiences?

Teaching is good and my Spanish is really, really improving, especially with a Latino Companion. I am still not even close to perfect, but I can teach much more effectively now. I believe we have five possibilities for Baptism right now. One young sister is eleven years old and she wants to wait to be baptized until her Mom is home in December. I’m guessing that we won’t be able to baptize her because my Companion and I will, most likely, have been transferred. But, we are still trying! Two other are “kinda” married . . . LOL . . . They are the ones that we were receiving lunch from for a long time. They are really close to Baptism but the “husband” is still married to another girl and they haven’t divorced yet, so to do all that paperwork could take some time. The other two that are really close aren’t married either, but they are also really, really close. The dad is progressing especially fast. Dang it in Guatemala though! They hate being married here!

Dad’s question – How is your Companion?

My Companion is awesome! I love him . . . Really . . . Yes, I’d like to marry him . . . It’s really weird how scared I was to have a Latin Companion, but this Companionship is, maybe, even better than my first one! And I didn’t really have problems with Elder Ireland. We butted heads a li’l sometimes ‘cause we are a lot alike, I think. But, in this Companionship with Elder Martinez, there are no problems! I can’t remember being mad at him once! The only problem is that he likes to walk really, really fast . . . LOL . . . But he’s great!

Dad’s question – How is your Ward? Do you have lots of member support?

Our Ward is really, really good. One of the better Wards in Guatemala I’ve heard! We get to go on “divisions” sometimes, too, ‘cause we have hard workin’ young men. A brother and sister both have their papers in right now to serve their missions. They are waiting on their calls together. This past week was pretty cool. The Young Men in our Ward (a lot of them) had really long hair and would wear jackets while passing the Sacrament and stuff. So, for Mutual, my companion and I gave out some tough words. My Companion and I cut our hair before we talked with them to set an example. We weren’t sure how they would respond. But, guess what? Yesterday, three kids had their hair cut like mine, all of them wore white shirts with slacks and none of them wore a jacket! They also passed the Sacrament much more reverently. It was pretty cool. I let them know I was proud of them because I think they needed to hear that.

Dad’s question – How is your Bishop and Ward Mission Leader? How are your Ward Correlation Meetings?

Our Bishop is a good guy . . . Kind of a different guy, but still a good guy. We don’t have a Ward Mission Leader that I know of. If we do, I don’t know it! LOL! My favorite guy in the entire Ward is a brother named Dennis. He is about thirty years old and served a Mission and all of that. We hit it off as soon as we met and have been buddies since the first night I was here in Atlantida. He really likes to go on visits with us.

Dad’s question – Do you receive lots of dinner appointments?

We do not really receive meals from anyone in the Ward. There are just the two families that we eat with and pay for. Hermana Ligia invites us over to eat sometimes, though. Yesterday I was fasting, though, so everyone ate with her except for me! Haha! It was tough, but my Companion ended his fast early to eat. I just went into the other room and read.

Dad’s question – How is your personal study going? What are you studying?

Right now, I am studying in Revelations and in Jacob. Well, that’s where I am in the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. I looooooove reading and marking my scriptures! They’re getting’ crowded! Revelations is sooooo interesting. Can you imagine having the Bible without the Joseph Smith translations? Ppssshhhh . . . I can’t . . . And it never stops surprising me how I can learn something new everrrrrry single time I read the Book of Mormon.

Dad’s question - How is your testimony? Is it growing and growing? How is your relationship with the Savior? Are you truly getting to know Him? Do you have complete faith in Him? Are you leaving everyone better than when you first found them or first met them?

My testimony continues to grow, especially as I read and what not. Also, as I see the changes in people’s lives, it helps my testimony grow. When I receive personal revelation, my testimony also grows. I love keeping my promises with the Lord and I feel like crap when I start struggle. I know He’s here with me and, because of that, I know I am safe here. I love loving the Lord, though, and being in His work. Sure, I misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss you guys a billion, but I am happy here. It’s a double-edged sword for sure . . . LOL . . . But I’m doing well!

Well, I think that answers just ‘bout all your questions! I’m sorry my e-mails weren’t complete before! I’m workin’ on it! Haha!

Oh, and I thought I would try to describe where I really am. I think you guys could search Zone 18 in Guatemala or search for a map of Guatemala in zones. Then, I’m in Atlantida. We have a mall (Metro Norte) and some other shopping place (Meta Terminal). It is like a five or ten minutes bus ride to get to my old area, the Maya. So, I’m pretty close to where I was.

Well, let me know what else I can tell you whenever you like! I love you all a billion! Really, there is not one day that I don’t think of you! Please be safe, smart and healthy! And happy! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment