Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The coolest lesson of my whole Mission . . .

Hey, hey, hey!

Good to hear from you!

I’m glad you loved all the videos! I mean . . . c’mon . . . you gotta love all of ‘em . . .

Well, as for me . . . I have some very cool pictures that I’ll be showin’ you all when I get home! Last Monday, just my Companion and I went to Tikal. Elmer let us in free, took us into some secret tunnel, bought our bus ride home and bought us lunch! It was really, really nice of him. To get to the tunnel, though, we had to take a path that they almost never take . . . LOL . . . The path was actually invisible because it was covered in trees and brush and fallen trees because they really never go there and it is off limits to everyone. Sooooo . . . We took a chain saw and a machete and our hands and went to work to clean the trail and get to the tunnel. Once there, we had to un-nail the cover to the cover to the tunnel and climb way down in where there was no light! LOL! You should have seen the size of those spiders and cockroaches! Ahhhhhhhh! Gross! The only light was the flash of our cameras! There were really cool Mayan paintings down there, though . . . They were very good artists. The wall they drew on was so far down because, supposedly, that wall belonged to a king. When they killed him, they buried that whole level of land and then the next king had his own new level of land, and when he died they buried everything and so forth . . . It was pretty cool . . .

This week, I had one of the coolest lessons of my whole Mission. We went to Las Cruces on Divisons and we found a kid that just got back to Guatemala from St. George, Utah . . . LOL . . . Random, right? He lived in St. George the past 12 years and isn’t a member. I taught him the first lesson in English (the Restoration) and it was soooo, soooo special. I honestly got the chills teaching in English . . . LOL . . . I can’t wait to be home and share the Gospel in my own language.

My pants were crusty this week . . . Lots of sweat . . .

Oh . . . Talkin’ about clothes . . . What clothes do you want me to bring home? My pants? Shirts? Socks? Bed sheets? I feel like everything is pretty beat up, but lemme know what you think . . . I dunno if you think Dylan will want to use some. Lemme know . . . Hee, hee!

Well . . . I gotta bounce! We have early lessons today . . . I love you all! Take care! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment