Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A new Area in the Peten Zone!

Hey, family!

Good to hear from ya! LOL and good to know that Dylan is with Mr. Rose . . . I really loved the guy . . . Anyway . . .

Zone Leader Council went very, very well. Of course, the long bus rides were the most fun . . . NOT! LOL . . . But we learned lots and, after the lunch, I got to anoint Hermana Torres ‘cause she was sick and then President sealed a blessing on her. It was a pretty cool experience. I just always think that I might not be able to work with someone so in tune with the Spirit as a Mission President, so I gotta take advantage of President Torres. Speaking of being in tune with the spirit, this is President’s big week! LOL! He’s gotta get all the changes ready. LOL . . . Can you believe it’s already week six? I’m only going to have two changes left! LOL! I really never thought this moment would get here. After the blessing, President also gave me an interview to renew my Temple Recommend. He gave me the interview in Spanish which was interesting, but it was just another cool experience. Now I can enter the Temple ‘til like September with this recommend. Oooooh! And, speaking of Temples, we went to the Temple before Concolio and I did everything in Spanish! It only took like twenty-one months! LOL!

Thanks for sending me the Indiana game . . . LOL . . . And I heard the Clippers traded B-Diddy. Is that true? Can you send me some updates and all stories on that? Thanks!

For P-Day today, my Companion and I went and had lunch at an investigator’s home with Elders Orozco and Crespin. LOL . . . We didn’t just eat, though, of course we had to kill the food we were gonna eat. Sooooo, Elder Crespin and I killed a chicken each . . . LOL . . . Obviously, I had never killed a chicken before, but they way they taught me today was to take it by the neck and spin it until its neck cracked. They told me it would be easy to feel it crack, but I never felt it . . . LOL . . . I think it cracked after two spins, but I gave it twelve spins and the body of the chicken went flying and I was holding the head . . . LOL . . . Ewwwwww . . . It was gross. I really didn’t want to kill it in the first place, but for that same reason, everyone wanted me to do it! Buuuuut, I don’t think I’m ever gonna do that again . . .

Oh! Happy Birthday, Uncle Trent!!!!

Oh! I wanted to tell you! When we went to Yaxha, a man took a video of me and three other missionaries running up one of the ruins. Me, Toolson, Thacker and Richins. Anyway, he said he has a website. I can’t go look at the video he took, but you can ‘cause he gave me his card! The website is www.garygs1.com. So, you can check that out! I started bad, but I hope the comeback is in there . . .

Oh! More cool info . . . President is gonna open another area here in Peten! Yay! We are gonna have thirty missionaries here in the Peten Zone in just a li’l over a week! It makes my Companion and me happy because our Zone has been progressing and we feel like President really recognizes it . . .

Aaaaaaand . . . One other cool story . . . Our recent convert, Adelfa, just paid her tithing in her first month as a member yesterday. It is a really huge act of faith and was really, really cool. Not much of a story, sorry . . . But it was really, really cool . . .

Hey! Did McKay already return from his Mission? If he did, can you get in touch with him and ask him to write to me? Thanks!

Well . . . That’s ‘bout all I got! I love you all soooo, soooo much! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment