Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm staying in the Peten Zone!

Heyyyyy, family!

Wow . . . I really can’t believe that I only have two changes left! LOL . . . I really never thought I would get to this point in my Mission . . .

To answer your e-mail first, of course . . .

For P-Day today, we have done absolutely nothing except eat and print off pictures and walk through the market a li’l . . . Nothin’ special . . . Just chillin’ . . .

LOL . . . And it really is soooo, soooo weird how worried I was to come and speak Spanish and now I can say just about anything and I can understand 99% of everything! I do remember praying my first days in the MTC in Spanish . . .What a tough time . . . LOL . . . It’s cool how much I’ve been blessed, though . . .

McKay wrote me today to tell me that he’s gonna be home this Wednesday. Ahhhhh! That’s soooo crazy . . . Cool, cool for him, though!

As for my Zone and all, we are doin’ very, very well. Our Zone reported 49 baptismal dates this Sunday. The next closest is like 25, so yes, Dad, we are doubling! The zone has really improved sooo, sooo much since the time I got here. I don’t give myself the credit, but something has clicked. It’s really been a really cool experience. We had 5 baptisms as a Zone last month, 2 of them from my Area. Now, through the first 2 weeks of this month, we have 5 Zone baptisms! This week, we are waiting on 5 baptisms . . . One of them from our Area! Soooo . . . That will hopefully give us 10 for this month and then we still have the last week of the month which is usually the biggest baptizing week of every month! Soooo . . . We are excited to see what goes down!

As for changes, we had ten changes in the Zone. Eight people are leaving Peten and two have internal changes in Peten. My Companion is one of the 8 leaving Peten. He’s pretty sad because we have really gotten the Zone moving together. Sure, we bumped heads sometimes, but we were successful together and really made some good things happen. Sounds like I’m gonna train a new Zone Leader, but we shall see what goes down . . . LOL . . . I might make a record for time as a Zone Leader. If I die as a Zone Leader, I will have completed 8 changes in the assignment. LOL . . . That’s almost a year as a ZL! Hahahahaha! Tiring! Oh, well! It’s good, good stuff and God has blessed me in the work. I’ve learned sooo, sooo much about leading in every one of those changes. I’ve become a much more effective leader throughout my whole mission and I’ve learned to think bigger rand to really expect to be the best and realize that we can do much, much better by small and simple things . . .

Hey . . . Happy Birthday, Luke!

Soooo . . . Nothin’ happened in Gilroy with this big storm? People were calling me worried about all of you ‘cause they heard the storm was gonna hit California. I knew you’d all be fine, but anything crazy happen there? Lemme know . . . It won’t scare me . . . I know you’re all fine.

This week, I did a Divison with Sayaxche Two with Elder Hale. He is a District Leader who had been strugglin’ a l’il. Soooo, on that Division, we had an amazing day together! We put a baptismal date with two people and taught some amazing lessons . . . LOL . . . He was amazed with how good the lessons went, so I knew the Divison would really help him a lot. Plus, my Companion did a great job with Elder Hale’s companion and they were both very strengthened in that day. Plus, one of the two baptismal dates we put went to church this week and he was never, ever goin’ before! I called the guy . . . His name is Marvin . . . And he is very, very excited for his baptism and wants me to be there for it. We will see what we can do! It was a great day with Elder Hale, though! Great, great guy!

Oh! And we had another powerful District Leader meeting this week which was very, very powerful again . . . Which is part of what I think really helped animate our Zone . . .

Soooo, yea! I’m doin’ amazing, though! I love you all sooooooo much and I appreciate you all so much! Hey, Dylan! Goin’ to Gav? Hope so (big smiley face). Love you all! Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment