Monday, November 29, 2010

Quadruple Double . . . Almost . . .

Hey! Yo, family!

Good to hear from you yet again. Boy . . . You were right! This week absolutely flew by! I know this change with Elder Peterson is gonna go by soooo, soooo fast! It’s a sad thing, but it’s a very good thing ‘cause six months and your boy is in the Suburban on his way to Gilroy, California! Sounds like you all had a blast this week! When does Stacie head back out to Utah! How is she? And Tom and Ash? How are they? What are they up to? And Dylan . . . How’s he doin’ with basketball? Is he starting and playing a lot and playing well? I need those updates, yo! And James and Randy? LOL . . . Still haven’t heard from ‘em . . . And how about Jamie? How’s he? And what’s he up to? Maybe you could try again to get those three guys to write to me . . . Thanks!

Well . . . To answer the question that Dad gave me . . . Our Zone is doing okay . . . We struggled this month, though . . . Really, really bad . . . It was a tough month for me to see the Zone suffer, but we are getting’ there. In the past few weeks, we have been getting’ better . . . L’il by l’il . . . I figure the best I can do is lead by example. We should have baptisms comin’ up soon, so hopefully that will excite our Zone again. This week, we did a fast as a Zone and I did see some fruits from it. Some areas put more baptismal dates and now it’s lookin’ like a lot of dates should be put this week, too. Soooo . . . We will get there! I think we all just need to grow more in our faith. It gets me all stressed out, but it’s all good! I was called to this position, so I’m doin’ my best . . . I really am. I’ve really been able to realize some of the great talents that God has given me while I’ve been serving. I’m a smart kid . . . Too bad I chose not to use the brain all the time before the mission . . . LOL . . . But, really, God is blessing me daily and I know He will continue to do so. Not just for me, but for the whole Zone if we are faithful.

Boy, that fast that I mentioned was a tough one, too . . . LOL . . . We started Wednesday after lunch. During those 24 hours, we did service twice . . . LOL . . . One was at like 4pm in the afternoon on Wednesday waaaaaaaaaaay down the mountain . . . And the other one was on Thursday morning at 5am! LOL . . . At the same place waaaaay down the mountain. By the time I finished the three hour long service, I was shaking . . . LOL . . . For lack of raiment (Oooooo . . . You like that big word!). And even though the family that we helped offered water and a snack, I told ‘em I was good. I hiked back up the hill, showered, and finished my fast just a li’l short of 24 hours. I felt really bad, but I really couldn’t go on anymore. LOL . . . I couldn’t focus when I was trying to study or anything. But I know Heavenly Father wasn’t mad at me for ending early. He is all understanding and I know He has blessed and will continue blessing my area and Zone because of that sacrifice. During that fast, I was on divisions with Elder Kjar, too. He’s a good kid from Idaho and has like five months in the mission. We did have a great division, though. We found a lot of new investigators and taught a lot of lessons. I know he was lovin’ it, too, ‘cause he hadn’t been having so much success in his area. I feel like he was able to learn a lot in the lessons we had and I was also learned a lot from him. Working with him reminded me to be simple and direct in my testimony. That’s something that the new missionaries are always good at. That good old ¨yo se que” line . . . LOL . . . But solid division . . .

And, this week, my companion and I tried sooo, sooo hard to pull off a quadruple double . . . LOL . . . Ten lessons with a member; Ten other lessons; Ten less active or recent convert lessons; and Ten new investigators. Well, we got sooo close . . . Ahhhh . . . It was sad. We got Ten with a member; Ten less active or recent convert; Twelve news; and, ahhhhhh . . . NINE others! We tried soooo hard . . . LOL . . . But Satan got the better. I’ve never had such a bad Sunday as yesterday . . . LOL . . . Not that it was super bad, just that all of the appointments kept falling and that never really happens on Sundays. And, we contacted a lot and no one let us in which is also weird for Sundays. I know Heavenly Father wanted us to complete that quadruple double, too. My companion and I prayed for the help, but we failed in something . . . LOL . . . ‘Cause we came up just short. It was tough when 9:15pm came around last night and we realized that we weren’t gonna be able to complete our goal . . . But . . . It’s all good! It was still a very good week for us.

Well . . . That’s ‘bout all I got for now! Ayyyyeeeeeee! I complete 75% of the mission on Friday! Weird, huh? I’ll say it again . . . I still feel kinda new . . . LOL . . . I love you all soooooo, soooooo much! Thanks for everything! Write me! And Happy Thanksgiving! I’m sooooo thankful for every single one of you! Be safe, smart and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment