Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"The power of prayer will pay off"

Hey! LOL! I’m here!

Aaaaaand . . . Welp . . . I completed eighteen months! LOL! Sorry I got on here a li’l early today. And, nope, I didn’t do anything to celebrate my 18-monther. I’m just not big on those celebrations, but I do recognize that I’m getting’ there!
Anyway . . . I’ll hit cha with some updates hoping that I still hear back from ya . . .

Oh! Thank you for the package! I got it and I’ve eaten almost all of the chocolate! LOL! I’m tryin’ to be patient in opening all the gifts, but I’ve opened two of them. I real all the letters! It was so fun to hear from so many people again! I was floating on a cloud for a li’l. LOL . . . Then I went out to work and realized that I was still in Guatemala . . . LOL . . . But I had a huge smile on my face that I couldn’t seem to wipe off. Even my companion made a comment about how happy I was. LOL . . . Not just ‘cause of how I was acting, just ‘cause he could see it through my eyes and smile. It made me very, very happy, though. So thank you sooo, sooo much. I also opened the Hershey kisses ‘cause the wrapping had broken a li’l, so there was no surprise on what it was. I’ve shared all my gifts with my companion ‘cause I’m a good sharer. Oh, and I already ate one bag of the muddy buddies . . . LOL . . . Good thing we were fasting or I think all the chocolate would be gone by now!

Oh . . . Questions, though . . . Any ideas as to what order I should open the rest of the gifts? Did you hear from Sister Smith yet about receiving the package she took for us in Guatemala? Lemme know . . .

This week was a li’l crazy . . . My companion and I lost like two days of work. We lost one day because we were supposed to help the APs. They called and told us to come in the office because we were gonna have to do divisions with some missionaries that weren’t being obedient and were gonna need emergency changes. Anyway, we went all the way out to Zone 14 and waited there for three hours while President was interviewing those rebellious missionaries. Then, after three hours, the APs told us that we could go . . . LOL . . . That we weren’t gonna have to do the divions any more ‘cause President had just decided to do the changes right away instead. Soooo . . . My companion and I lost lots of time goin’ t and from Europlaza. But, it’s all good. A donde me manada ire senor . . . Turns out that President made thirty-three changes! That’s like more changes than we have in a normal Change Conference every six weeks! LOL! Yea . . . We have a lot of disobedient people in this mission. It’s actually pretty sad, though.

Then, two days later, my companion and I had to go back to Europlaza to go to Zone Leader Council. Anyway . . . The Council was good like always. But, wow, it was weird to see that I’m getting’ old in the mission! LOL! Not many Zone Leaders have more time being Zone Leader than I do at this point . . . LOL . . . What happened to me being new?

As far as the work goes . . . It goes good . . . LOL . . . Mauricio will be gettin’ baptized for sure this next week. He has been a really special investigator and a huge example that God works miracles in the hearts of all men when they open their hearts and try to follow in Jesus’ footsteps.

As for Karina, she still has her baptismal date set for December 18th, but it’s lookin’ pretty dog on tough with how closed her mom is. We continue workin’ with her, though, and hope to be able to talk to her more straight forward this week.
As far as Cristina, she is doing very well. She told us that she knows the Church is true! But says she still has doubts on the Book of Mormon . . . LOL . . . She can’t seem to connect the fact that if the Church is true, then the Book of Mormon has to be true, too! LOL . . . She’ll get it in no time. I think a big thing for her is jumpin’ that hurdle of fear and pride . . . Ya know? She’ll get there soon, though. The power of prayer will pay off.

Oh . . . And I loved the letter from Allie about how she wants to enter the Temple. I was thinkin’ over how cool it’ll be to be able to enter the Temple with everyone after the mission, I dunno what could give me more joy than seein’ everyone in all white. We gotta make sure we make our once or twice a month visits to the Temple as a family.

Well . . . That’s ‘bout all I got! I love you all soo, soo much! Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment