Monday, August 24, 2009

Scriptures . . . Answers to Prayers


I’m sorry you didn’t get my e-mail for so long last week! I have no idea what happened! Hopefully you get this one faster. And I’m glad you liked my Top 10 (changed to Top 11). The CCM was pretty much the bomb . . .

I’m stoked about my grades! What’s the GPA? I think I look like a “goodish” college student. Even if I’m not a great college student, at least I can always fall back on the fact that I’m a better college student than Stacie, so that’s good! I dunno know if you read my blog, Angela, but if you do . . . Big props to you on helping me in Stats! I woulda had no chance without you! So thanks again!

I’m glad everyone likes Luke’s eyes . . . I guess I will, too! Haha . . . It’s just gonna be so different! We can’t get high, so it was always funny to have someone in our family looking “high” at all our sports games.

So . . . Now for my updates . . .

On the last P-Day, on the way to the Stake Center, my Companion slipped and fell pretty hard. Who knows why that kinda thing is so funny . . . No one really knows, but it is really funny and I was dyin’ laughin’! Today and last week on P-Day, we played broom hockey. It’s pretty dog on fun . . . Me and my Comp were workin’ it last week, killin’ everyone, so they split up the team this week and it wasn’t as fun. Probably just because I wasn’t winning as much but, oh well!

So, you know how I told you how I ruined some of my underwear and they turned orange? Well, Hermana Esperanza does our laundry and she approached me about it. I told her the story of how that happened in the Guatemala CCM and she wouldn’t believe me! Hahahahah! It was so funny! She was like, it has to be a joke! It won’t come out for nothin’! And how is it up by the belt line? That isn’t possible! Hahahahahahahah! I was dying, cause umm, it for sure happened . . . I remember!

So, there was kind of a cool story this past week in personal study. I don’t always remember to pray before I start my personal study, but I remembered one day and prayed that I could, ya know, learn something new and that something would help me and apply to me. So, I opened up to where I had left off in my scriptures and I started at the beginning of Doctrine and Covenants, Section 112, and it was a crazy answer! It was just the first four verses. And I knew to really only pay attention to the first four verses as the answer. It was crazy! You just replace the name of “Thomas” with “Derek” and I was like “whhhaaaa”????? I hadn’t ever received such an obvious answer to a prayer through the scriptures. I was lovin’ it . . .

Randy would love this . . . We were teachin’ a lesson a few days ago and that super old song came on the radio . . . The one Randy I love so much . . . Amadeus, Amadeus, oh, oh, oh, Amadeus . . . Hahahah! I was laughin’ pretty hard at how random that was!

Ohhh . . . Good story . . . Two nights ago, I woke up ‘cause I heard a cat in the room. Why is that weird? Well, we don’t have any cats in our house! All of a sudden, it jumped on my bed, so I kicked it off. The cat started leavin’ the room, but then it came back and jumped on my Comp’s bed. He hates, hates, hates ALL animals basically . . . Cats, dogs, rats . . . All of ‘em! When my Comp felt the cat, he woke up and freaked out! Hahahahahah! He just jumped up and yelled, “What the crap?!?!?!?!?!?!” His voice was the most scared I have ever heard! LOL! It was soooooo, so funny! So, we went searchin’ for the cat, but it had left already. It had just come in a li’l hole we have by the bathroom. Needless to say, we have that closed off now. But, yea, it was hilarious.

So, for a while, Louis and Teresa weren’t sure if they were gonna get married, so we weren’t knowin’ exactly what to do, but we got it all fixed and we are actually goin’ with them to get all the papers and stuff a li’l later today! It will complete a family, so how awesome is that????? Oh, and they asked my Comp and I to be witnesses at the wedding ‘cause they love us so much like that. What an honor, huh? So, I’m pretty stoked. As of now, the wedding and baptism are both still set for the 5th . . . Yes . . .

This area is a li’l tough cause it’s so small so we feel like we have talked to everyone already, but this week we had our highest totals in new investigators and lessons taught. Evelin said that this is actually maybe the hardest area in Guatemala because of how small it is and how stubborn everyone is! She says not many baptisms happen and stuff, but we are doin’ aaight!

Well, I love you all and I hope to hear from you all soon! Really . . . Love you all and hope to hear from you all soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment