Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I went to Tikal today! :-)

Heyyyyy!

I gotta be super fast ‘cause our li’l trip made us late . . . But here I go! Thank you for answering all of my questions, too! I sure love you all!

How much do the Doctrines of Salvation books cost? How about The Teachings of the Prophet Smith? I would be super interested in reading those when I get home . . .

Hey . . . Is there a saying about something like Satan rules over the waters or something? Is that a real doctrine or a false one?

Does the Tree of Life mentioned in Genesis have anything at all to do with the Tree of Life mentioned by Lehi and Nephi?

We had a District Leader Meeting this week . . . Soooooo . . . My companion and I met with the four District Leaders and their companions. Ooooooo . . . It was a powerful meeting! In the meeting, we set Zone goals. The first goal was to go from 26 fechas (which we reported last Sunday) to 40 fechas report yesterday and . . . Guess what????!!!! We did it! The Lord really, really helped us! We held a Zone fast as well and we think that really, really helped! Now our next goal is to have 50 fechas reported this Sunday! I know we can do it! We just achieved maybe the toughest goal!

I got to know a li’l more of Peten this week. I went to Poptun, Dolores and La Libertad. Maaaaan . . . All that traveling is tiring! I don’t have much time to explain those places, but they were cool!

New Year was great! I slept all through it!

Hey . . . Another question . . . Tell me if I go this right or if I’m waaaaaay confused. Normally, to be a Bishop, you have to be a Melchizedek Priesthood holder. But, if you are a literal descendant of Aaron, can you be a Bishop while holding the Aaronic Priesthood? I think that might be right ‘cause the Bishop is the President of the Aaronic Priesthood anyway, right? I dunno . . . Lemme know, please!

Oh . . . I just completed 53 straight weeks reporting fechas on Sundays. I have not reported a “0” for over a year! Pretty cool, huh? I think it might be a mission record . . . LOL . . . The Lord has really helped me a lot!

I met the McBrides this week . . . They are the future grandparents-in-law of Elder Fast. By the way, he isn’t in my Zone, but he was “born” in my District. He’s one of my best buddies in the Mission. Anyway . . . The McBrides are a Senior Couple and they were funny! LOL! They talk to each other just like Grandpa and Grandma! LOL . . . It was funny to be around ‘em.

Aaaaaannnddd . . . I went to Tikal today! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It was amazing, family! The ruins are huuuuuuuge! I took sooooo many pictures and we even got to go in some secret tunnels (almost like Nacho Libre ones) that no one gets to go in unless they are an archeologist or pay $1000 because we know the big boss of Tikal! He actually took us all the way there today in his truck! He got us in free and all! We probably saved $1050 today! LOL . . . Pretty cool! Aaaand . . . He says there is a hidden Mayan city that is under ground and completely sealed off from everyone, but he’s gonna try to get it open for us . . . Possibly next week!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! Needless to say, I’m super excited and I can only imagine how Dad feels right now! I’m sorry you aren’t here with me, Dad! But I’m getting’ all the pictures and necessary info!

Well . . . I gotta be fast, but it was a great week! We were able to put 2 more fechas as well! I love you all sooooooooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment