Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tell Elder Ballard I said, "Hi!"

Soooo . . . Happy Martin Luther King Day! No one here reminded me that it was that special time of the year again . . . I miss California . . .

As for my traveling, yeeeeeaaaaa . . . We had to do a looooooot more again this week. But, oh well! We are gettin’ through it all! My companion has to go down to the Capital tonight ‘cause he has a bad ear. I’m not goin’ with him ‘cause there is another missionary in the Zone that is also sick. Soooo . . . I will be on divisions for the next few days with Elder Alvarado. He’s a cool kid from Honduras who speaks almost perfect English. I always seem to get along really well with Honduranians . . . I dunno why though!

Aaaannnd . . . To answer your question . . . Yes! Our Zone completed the goal of sixty baptismal dates this week! When I reported ‘em to President, he asked me for the total like three times . . . LOL . . . I don’t think any zone has ever had so many baptismal dates at once! It’s really, really cool. Our goal this week is just to hold those dates more than anything. We also want to find fourteen new investigators in each area. Then, not this Friday but the next, we want to report seventy baptismal dates and have twenty-five baptisms on January 29th. We only have twenty-six fechas for that date now, though, so it’s just all ‘bout holdin’ onto our dates. Even if we don’t complete the goal of twenty-five baptisms for that day, I gotta say it’s gonna be a special day either way. Our Zone has sure worked hard and has improved so much!

Oh . . . And to answer you and Dad . . . I’m sad . . . I spent eighteen months in the Capital and now that I finally left, an Apostle is going to come! LOL! Since I’m eight hours away, I won’t get to be there for the Conference. I will watch it on a live broadcast, though! Oh, and guess what? President Colon (Guatemala’s President) is going to the Conference! President Torres told us that. So, that’s really, really cool! But, yea . . . I can’t go. I asked President Torres to tell Elder Ballard that I say, “Hi!”, though and that he was my Dad’s mission president. He said he would frankly do so . . . Oh, good grammar . . .

Aaaaaand for P-Day, we went to some caves with the District in Trebol. We didn’t have a guide (except two 18-year old members that had entered the caves a time or two before) and we went through backward! LOL! Of course we got a li’l lost a few times because the caves are huuuuuuge, but it was really, really fun! We all got suuuuuuper dirty crawling through the caves and we got nice and scraped up from falling so much. LOL . . . I took one really long, sliding fall, but all I did was scrape up my elbow. LOL . . . I was always leading and when everyone saw how hard I went down, they all just decided it would be better to just leave that part of the cave alone . . . LOL. It was very, very fun and tiring, though!

Happy Birthday, Grandma! That’s all . . .

Sooooo . . . Did Dylan get accepted to BYU-Provo yet?

Can Rookies be All-Stars in the NBA? LOL . . . Isn’t it a li’l ridiculous if Griffin can’t be an All-Star?

Oh . . . This week, I got to do two more divisions . . . LOL . . . It’s tiring. But, anyway, I stayed in my area both times this week because we felt it would be best if I stayed here with our investigators. But, I got to work with Elder Orozco (who actually entered the mission with me, but leaves six weeks after because of my six weeks more in the CCM and MTC) from Costa Rica and with Elder Bravo from Nicaragua. My companion actually trained Elder Bravo . . . Just a fun fact . . . The divisions have been really effective for us in the Zone. During the six days that we have been on divisions with different areas, we have put almost fifteen baptismal dates! Maybe even more than fifteen actually . . . But, anyway . . . They have worked great! We get a chance to learn from the other missionaries and they have a chance to learn how someone with a li’l more experience works and has success . . .

So . . . That’s about all I got. Life is goin’ good. I sure love and miss you all! Soooo, soooooooooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment