Tuesday, March 30, 2010

“I translated the whole baptismal service into sign language!"

Hey, yo!

Thank you for answering all of my questions! You guys gotta send me a picture of Dylan and his friend, Cassandra . . . LOL . . . I wanna see how they look . . . LOL . . . See if Dylan is livin’ up to the standard!

For General Conferene, we will go to the Stake Center which happens to be our building. There, all of the missionaries from the Zone (it’s a small zone with only 13 missionaries) will watch the Conference. Everyone watches Conference in the big room because it is translated into Spanish, but there four North American missionaries who get to go into another room and watch Conference live with real voices! I’m pretty pumped ‘bout that ! Especially because I was SO sick during Conference last time! This time I don’t think I’ll be throwin’ up all over the place and havin’ diarrhea and not be able to move! Man, last time was bad! General Conference got her sooooo fast this time, though!

That’s really funny that Grandma is having plastic surgery . . . LOL . . .

Anyway, here I am, yo! My updates . . .

Well . . . First, Happy Birthday to Toni! Happy Birthday to Allie! And Happy Birthday to Uncle Matt today! Weird . . . Is Toni 21? Yikes . . .

Hey, you guys still haven’t told me . . . Please tell me you watched Orlando play vs. Ohio State! How’d he do?????? I heard he was player of the game! True or no? Pleeeeeeeeease let me know!

We played wiffle ball out in the street as a Zone last week ‘cause there were no open parks. It made me feel at home with all the cars drivin’ by and us having to call out, “CAR!” . . . It was really fun, but we lost 10 to 7 . . . But, to our credit, we didn’t get our last ups ‘cause we lost the ball on a homer with one out. We coulda won . . . I think we might play again today, though . . .

Hey . . . I know what it means when it says, “the first shall be last and the last shall be first”. It kinda took a while to figure out! Good luck! Go figure it out! Along with that scripture study, I finished the Book of Mormon again. It was my fifth time, yo! But I have a lot more to learn . . .

We had our every 6 weeks interview with President last week. My interview was really, really long though because President and I had a lot to talk about. He gave me lots of very nice compliments and told me that he doesn’t think anyone else in the Mission could be doing what I’m doing right now. Wow! What a cool compliment, right?????? And he also told me that he counts on me a lot and that the Lord also counts on me a lot. Pretty cool stuff, huh???? Good interview . . .

This week, I got to give Jazmin her baptismal interview in sign language! How cool, huh????? She passed as did her Mom . . . And, yesterday, they were both baptized! It was pretty dog on amazing! We left Church after Sacrament Meeting to go to Llano Largo. There, Elder Barrientos baptized Jazmin and Elder Dunkley baptized Esperanza. I translated the whole baptismal service into sign language! Wow! It was hard! When people talk fast, it is really hard but still cool that I can kind of do it. I also gave a talk in sign language and Spanish. That was nerrrrrrrve racking! I did a bad job. It’s so much easier to just talk in signs without Spanish ‘cause in Spanish you have to slow down a bunch to be able to talk at the same pace as signs. I was really, really nervous but it was still great. After the baptism, Esperanza and Jazmin were both confirmed. It was a very unique baptism. Really cool for Elder Mortensen, though, that his first baptism was a deaf person. And cool for me and Barrientos that we got to teach and baptize a deaf person, too! How cool that I got to be part of that! I’ll never forget that!

Soooo . . . Yea . . . Very good and unforgettable week! I sure love you all and I’ll be thinkin’ ‘bout you during General Conference! Not like I don’t every day, but you feel me! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment