Monday, March 8, 2010

I KNOW the new Elders bring the Spirit!

Hey, yo!

Yes, yes . . . Ya boy has nine months now . . . Kinda cool, huh?

Sadly, that was a good decision by Dylan not to go to the game. Sounds like Serra was probably pretty good this year, huh? Did they have any guys go D1? Dylan is quite a talented li’l music man! Kinda cool, huh?

I am always cooking for myself . . . It’s going fine . . . I don’t eat like a king or anything, but we do good, basic cooking. This week we are goin’ for breakfast bagels so I’m pumped ‘bout that! We made bacon for the first time this week and it was tasty! We eat a lot of cereal and bread, too . . . LOL . . . Just like Junior High. Sometimes I clean my own clothes and sometimes we take them to a member and she washes them for us. So, yea . . . I’m doin’ good . . .

Well, I thought I would let you know that I’m related to Elder Mays ‘cause my Dad (Elder Ireland) is his Mom, which makes Elder Mays my sister. Kinda cool, huh? I’m his big bro! Oh, also, we went to McDonald’s this week and the girl that used to hit on Elder Mays a lot was askin’ about him. Then, when she gave Elder Drach his receipt, she put her name and number on it to pass along to Mays . . . LOL . . . it was pretty dog on funny . . . Mays was sooooo shy, too, and didn’t ever talk . . . I love it! LOL

Well, this was kind of a crazy week that didn’t involve a whole bunch of sleeping!

On Monday, I had to get up at 4:30am to go to an interview with President Torres. Then we had Change Conference.

On Tuesday, I got up at 4:00am to go pick up a one day Companion. His name was Elder Williams. President gave us one day Comps because he hadn’t had interviews with the new Elders yet, so he hadn’t received revelation on who should be with who. Elder Williams was a cool guy, though. I didn’t want him to be taken away from me, but after one amazing day with him (5 new investigators and a baptismal date!), I had to go drop him off on Wednesday at 6:00am at the CCM.

On Wednesday, after I dropped off Elder Williams at the CCM, I got to go through the Temple with all the trainers. I didn’t wanna leave the Celestial Room. I just love the peace and clearness of mind in there. It’s sooooo easy to think. After the Temple, we went to the Mission Home and had lunch with all of the new missionaries. After that lunch, we split up and had some classes with the assistants. After the classes, we all got back together and we got our “sons” given to us. The first joy of my posterity is . . . Drummmmmmmmmmm roll . . . Elder Mortensen! He is a cool guy from Idaho. He likes basketball and baseball, though, so you know he is all good with me! He says his brother was a McDonald’s All American! I guess he was a 6’5”, 3-guard . . . Then he went on a mission and decided not to play when he got home.

My first day with Elder Mortensen here was AMAZING! We set FOUR baptismal dates! I love having the new guys! They must just bring a cool spirit! Well . . . I KNOW they bring a cool spirit! It’s an amazing companionship because my two Comps just have to teach by the Spirit and then I’m just there to clear up any questions! I love it! Success! Success! LOL! When we set the four baptismal dates, it was a pretty cool lesson. We all read a chapter from the Book of Mormon together and then I had us all get down on our knees to offer one prayer out loud each to ask if the Book of Mormon is true. After we each offered our own prayer, one after the other, the Spirit was strong and they accepted baptismal dates. Cool, huh?

In my District, we have seven Elders . . . Me (9 months), Elder Barrientos (12 months), Elder Mortensen (2 months), Elder Maake (12 months), Elder Garcia (17 months), Elder Drach (11 months) and Elder Fast (2 months). Kind of a nice, spread out group! I like ‘em! Everyone had a pretty good week! I plan on doin’ divisions with Elder Drach this week. It was his 23rd birthday today, FYI!

In my Zone, we have as Zone Leaders . . . Elder Empey (17 months) and Elder Petersen (17 months). Then, in my rival District, we have Elder Fusi (11 months) as the District Leader, Elder Segura (2 months), Elder Cangalaya (11 months) and Elder M . . . Yikes . . . I don’t remember his name but he’s been out one month. We have a cool Zone, though, ‘cause Empey and Petersen are really, really cool and fun Zone leaders. Then, Fusi is a huge Tongan from Los Angeles and we have a big Tongan in my District, so this Zone has the only two Tongans in the mission! LOL! But it is a very funny Zone. A nice hard workin’ one, though . . .

So, yea . . . I hope I answered a lot of Dad’s questions, too . . . I feel like I learned a lot from our goals on February 28th, though, and trying to get people in Church. I gotta get a lot of rides and “pick-ups” situated. I had everyone invited, but I didn’t do much to get them all there. So, when I decide on our next date, I know I can get better in that way. I don’t remember exactly what the numbers were, but it was the best that Las Vicks has had in over five months. For me, it was also the best that we had in a long time in Ermita. And Maake didn’t have many “first timers”, but he still had the most that he had the whole change. I was disappointed that we didn’t reach our goal, but our area did great! It was pretty cool . . . The missionary work is great!

I sure love you guys! Thanks for everything! Quiero que sepan que estoy cmuy contento y que me gusta este gente aqui in Guate. (I am happy and I love the people of Guatemala.) El Senor me bendice porque trabajo duro. (Heavenly Father blesses me for my hard work). Yo creo jajaja. (I believe what I am teaching.) No, pero es cierto, trabajo duro con mis compas. (I am certain I will be blessed for hard work with my companions.) Este es la iglesia verdadera. Lo se! (This is the true Church! It is!) Les quiero mucho! (I want them a lot!) Escribanme! (Write to me!) Dearleder! Adios! Cuidense! (Take care of yourselves!)

Man . . . I stink at writing in Spanish . . . LOL . . . Love you all! Be good and be safe!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of the amazing work and attitude of this "boy" of mine! Wow!

    ReplyDelete