Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My last letter from Guatemala . . .

Os pregunto si ya quedó todo hecho? Os digo que si . . . Ya quedó todo hecho . . . Quuuuuuueeeeeee raro . . .

This was a good, good last week but, I’m sorry, I can’t understand that I’ll be with you all again someday. I feel like the Mission is a dream and when it ends, so does everything. I can’t comprehend that I’ll be home. I’ve been so caught up in this for so long . . . But I’m happy . . . Happy to know that I do get to hug you all again. I guess that’s the faith, huh? Believing in something that I can’t really understand? Weird . . . Thank you for all of your support. I have officially not seen you all for over two years now. That is just strange . . . I officially know now what Mom talked about at home so frequently about those nervous feelings in her stomach. LOL . . . I’ve felt like that for a week now . . . This goin’ home stuff is tough . . .

As far as the jobs there, whatever is cool with me. I’m down to learn. But, remember . . . I haaaaaaate math unless it’s additional and subtraction. Thanks for helpin’ me out with that!

And, how cool that Dylan won the Male Singing Award! I got robbed of it . . . LOL . . . JK . . . But, yea, Dylan is amazing. Don’t worry, bud, I got your Pick Jesus shirt all packed away for ya . . .

As far as Ilse, Lesly’s sister-in-law, she was not baptized on Saturday. It was very strange because she seemed so sure, but when my Companion and I went to the Capital for Zone Leader Council, we called her to see how she was and at what time she wanted to have the baptism, and she said she wasn’t ready. We went and had some great visits with her when we got back into Peten, but she was just convinced that she wasn’t ready even though she is. But, that’s okay! I guess in that situation, I just have to accept God’s will even though I don’t fully understand it. I’m not sad, though . . . I know she will take that step someday soon . . .

Well, as far as Concilio this week, it was good. President talked a li’l more than normal ‘cause it was his last Concilio as well. He and Hermana Torres go home on June 29th. They gave us lunch in their house, as always, but it was really strange ‘cause the house was soooooo empty. While I was there, I had my last interview with President. He just asked about what I’m gonna be up to after the Mission, where I’m gonna go to school, what my spiritual experiences were on the Mission, and then he just gave lots and lots of nice compliments. The comment that made me feel best was, “I always knew I could count on Elder Jensen, and I always did. Any Zone or Companion he was watching over, well, I knew it would be just fine”. That made me feel good. I’ve always felt like if President is pleased with my work, God is probably pleased too since President Torres is called to act in God’s place in this part of his vineyard . . .

Hey! Happy Birthday, Dallas! How weird! 30, man! Wow . . . You’re a li’l older than Torry Holt . . .

Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you have a toothbrush, deodorant, a shaver, and shaving cream ready for me when I’m home? I’m not planning on bringing mine home. They’re old and used up . . . Thanks!

Well, as you all guessed, this last Sunday in Church was very, very hard. The whole meeting was really normal, but when I gave my testimony, I almost cried at the end. And just singing the last hymn in Sacrament Meeting, knowing that it would be my last time singing in Spanish in my own Ward, it was just tough and pushed a few li’l tears outta me. I’ll sure miss Guatemala. There are some great, great people here.

Other favors, can you guys get me a black, or black and silver, or black and grey, or grey . . . Or something like that . . . Tie? I’ve given away so many of my ties that I don’t have any that match my suit any more. Sorry! Thanks!

Also, can you guys make sure you tape the USA vs Canada Soccer game tomorrow? I would like to watch it when I get home . . .

As far as how I’m leaving my Zone and Area, I feel like I’m leaving it in great shape. The Zone has 40 fechas . . . My Area has 3 fechas and my Companion and his new Companion will baptize this month. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father that he gave me the chance to serve my last change here and pick everything up. I’m goin’ home a happy man . . . I know I’ve done what I could . . . All that I could . . . I really, really have . . .

Well, I love you all so much! I don’t really believe that I’m gonna see you all soon . . . But it’s exciting! LOL . . . I love you all so much! Never writing you guys an e-mail from Guatemala again! See you sooooooo, way too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment