Monday, December 7, 2009

"It was my Companion's last week . . ."

Hey, hey, hey!

Goooood to hear from you again! Yes . . . My six month mark just passed! Twenty-five percent of the way! It’s not a lot, but it’s a ton at the same time . . . LOL . . . I know you know what I mean. I am proud of myself for accomplishing what I have and I look forward to just pressin’ forward. For sure two years is a huge sacrifice, but I know that this is what I need to be doin’. Livin’ with your family forever, in the presence of God and Jesus, is kind of a big deal, so I’m tryin’ to do my best to be there for that. Can you imagine just one person from our family not making it to the Celestial Kingdom? It would be the saddest thing ever. I hope everyone at home is doin’ well and being good!

Well, I’m sad that Brad isn’t going to be entering the CCM . . . I was really lookin’ forward to seeing him!

Thanks for the Dylan quote . . . LOL . . . That’s a good one . . . For Dallas I got, “C’mon Florida! Come on!” Yellin’ of course . . . LOL . . . And, maybe for Tom, “Thanks for the compliment” when Ashley told him that he was acting like Dallas . . . Hahahaha . . .

That’s very exciting that Dylan had such a good first game! I was very, very, very, very excited to hear that! I don’t think I scored eleven points in my Junior year until about halfway through the season! Make sure Dylan remembers that I didn’t play attttt allllll to start the season my Junior year. Then, by halfway through the season, I was starting and our team played really, really well. Coach Dirks will see in time if Dylan is playin’ good and helpin’ out his unit. Then he will start to play a lot more. Just make sure you make a point every time you’re in the game, Dylan . . . Not a point as in scoring, but as in blasting someone or gettin’ a loose ball or a few huge rebounds. Things like that, yo . . . And just get ready for your Senior year! It’s right around the corner and you’re gonna wanna be the best possible, dude!

I’m very, very excited to have music again, so thank you for thinkin’ ‘bout me on that Choir topic! And good luck, Dylan, with your solo! You’re amazing, dude!

Okkkk . . . I have something sad to say . . . I don’t have my agenda where I take all the notes from the previous week. I brought my new one, dang it, so now I just have to try to remember what happened this week.

Did you guys get to watch the Christmas Devotional by the First Presidency? Pretty cool, huh? And how ‘bout the version of “O Holy Night” that the Tabernacle sang? “Fall on your knees. Oh, hear the angel voices” . . . I think that might be my favorite Christmas song and they did it soo, soo, soo good. SO powerful!

I have a new Companion now. It was really sad havin’ my other Companion, Elder Martinez, go. He is a real good guy and I’m gonna miss him a lot. I got to give him a blessing of comfort this morning before he left and it was a really cool experience. All of my best friends have officially left the Capital now. LOL . . . Kinda frustrating. Legua and Larsen are in Polochiek; Wood and Ireland are in Peten; Goodwin in Coban; and Martinez is in his house . . LOL . . . Kinda frustrating for sure, but oh well I guess! Only three people in our whole Zone had a change, though, so kinda boring. The group that entered the CCM with me is really, really good, but the President still hasn’t made anyone from our group a Senior Companion. My new companion is Elder Flores from Honduras.

I got the hook ups! The niece of Hermana Ligia lies in Florida, but is visiting here right now and leaves in like three days. The great news is that she came to have a baby shower but didin’t receive many presents, so she has a bunch of extra space in her suitcase! So, I already gave her the money and I have to give her my package tomorrow! She will send it from Florida and you guys will get it before Christmas! It will be wwwwwaaayyyyy faster and way cheaper. It couldn’t have worked out better, huh? Oh! And she told me, too, that there is a mail service from the United States that only delivers to Central America. She says it’s way faster and cheaper, too. I don’t know what it is, but it’s just what she told me . . . You could try to find out what it is, I guess!

This week was pretty crazy because it was my Companion’s last week. We had worked soooo, soooo hard for eleven weeks together and then he got sooo, sooo baggy the last week. I found out that it’s really hard to “kill” a Companion ‘cause all they do is talk about goin’ home and thinkin’ ‘bout goin’ home so you do the same with them! It was a li’l tough, but worth it ‘cause I love the kid.

Did you talk to Elder Larsen’s Mom? Or the Mom from Lehi?

If I get the package you sent me this Wednesday, I can open it, right?

Well, I can’t really remember much else about what happened this week. That’s why I always write it down, LOL! So, I’m gonna go write to Dallas. If I think of more stuff to write, I’ll write you again . . . LOL . . .

I love you all billions! Thank you for all of your prayers! Surely the Lord has been answering them! I love you all sooo, sooo much! Be good! Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment